iCloud holds one of the most important roles in the iOS universe. In fact, it is the backbone of Apple’s technology in several ways. But what if you have some important files on your iCloud drive and you need to access them but all you have is Windows with you? This is where even small things get complicated. Fortunately, Apple will not disappoint you because they have the ideal solution for this.
You have two methods to access the iCloud drive file from Windows. One is through an application by Apple that you need to install on Windows, and the other is through the official iCloud website by Apple. In this guide, we will take you through the exact steps you need to take so that you can access the files from Windows. But which method should you choose? You decide fully. So without further ado, let’s look at how to access the iCloud drive file from Windows.
How to Access the iCloud Drive File from Windows
1. Access through the iCloud desktop application
- Download, install and set the iCloud Desktop application on your Windows PC
- After setting up the application, log in to your Apple account
- After logging in, you will see an iCloud window. Select / check / check the iCloud Drive option and click the Apply button to continue
- Next, log in to this PC / My Computer on your Windows PC. Then, open iCloud Drive from the quick access menu in the left panel
- Here, you can access everything on your iCloud Drive.
2. Access through a Web Browser
- Open your browser on a Windows PC and go to iCloud.com
- Type your Apple ID details and enter
- On the following page, you will see the iCloud dashboard. Of all the options given in the dashboard, open iCloud Drive
- You have now accessed iCloud Drive through a web browser on a Windows PC. You will see all iCloud Drive files here
Summarizing our guide, we have two methods for accessing iCloud Drive files from Windows. The first option is downloading and accessing files through the iCloud desktop application. The second method is to do it through your browser on your Windows. You can choose which method is convenient for you and then access by applying the steps above. Therefore, we hope that reading the guide above has brought some valuable information and helped you. Let us know by commenting below if you have further questions regarding the same.